Monday, March 26, 2012

MOTORCYCLE DIARIES


It’s almost a decade when I left the province and ventured my future in Manila.

But from time to time, I visit Ilocos to take a break from the busy life of the city. Maybe a couple of weeks would do to check out what’s the latest buzz on the family including the all our relatives.

Actually, I am already spending my second week of my month-long vacation. This vacation in my hometown would rather be the laid back one after a spin-off in Coron and a planned trip to the mountain regions of the north in the next few weeks.

Nevertheless, I am enjoying the slow-pace of life here. If it would be possible not to time-track everything I am doing, it would be great. I wanted to imitate Nate’s adventure in Pantanal on Grisham’s The Testament where he didn’t need a clock to keep on-track of the time.

Like a new adventure, I took my old bike from the garage and visited the places I’ve never been for the past years. The road was still familiar but the surrounding’s already new. New houses were built and unfamiliar faces welcomed me.

On my joyride, I was able to see my kindergarten school. It’s quite funny to remember how we squeezed in 20 children in an old wooden room. The school is now well maintained and cemented, a bigger room perhaps for the children.

Well, I think I am going to do this more often. Every time I’ll be visiting my province, I would make time to get my bike of the garage and go to the places waiting for my return.

6 comments:

  1. taga ilocos ka pala. one of the places na gusto ko din puntahan. lol

    yeah, life in the province is slow paced but somehow interesting, at least for me. i dont like staying in Manila actually lol :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeap, i'm from ilocos. sabihan mo ako pag gusto mong pumunta so i can tour you around. lol!

      well, if not for work, i would really want to go back here.

      Delete
  2. motorbiking is fun...baka balang araw u can motorbike the whole world :) .good thing you got to unwind ...anyone who's had rough loads at work deserve to enjoy like this :) ...btw, i love ilocos and ilocanos!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Biking the world is a nice idea. Haha!

      Bisita ka ulit ng ilocos. :)

      Delete
  3. I kinda like this entry. :) Heart-warming.

    ReplyDelete

tuff it out and leave a footprint :)